I mentioned I started these awhile back right? I really need to get back to it… They are a lot easier than I thought they would be, I’ve just been very distracted lately with everything else I need to do.
I found these foam cards:
Some dye cuts:
Foam letter stickers
And of course sandpaper and glue.
I traced the letters (backwards) on the back of the sandpaper Cut them out, just with scissors… I thought I might need the box cutter for the middle of some letters, but so far it hasn’t been needed.
Note: As you can see we got Chinese sandpaper… Didn’t see any other options where we were. For those of you who boycott… maybe you already know if this is even possible w/out going there. If not I saw some other ideas for these including gluing actual sand or glitter.
Glue them on the the foam… I added the sticker letters under and to the side for another texture/size.. And there ya go.
Obviously these are gonna wear down faster, but they were maybe $5 to make altogether… I’m not completely thrilled with the font I had to use, and think I’m going to use the ones like this blog when I make the lower case ones. I may even make a second set of capitals.. but not until lower case and numbers are done lol. The dye cuts did cut out a step though so I’m not complaining too much. Side note, that blog I linked was one of the ones that discouraged me a bit from this project.. I got the idea that it would be much harder than it is lol.